Sunday, May 22, 2011

Where god lives.

Some of us want to live forever. But not necessarily locked in our physical beings. We’d probably live more like the mythical/real god. Presumably as a spirit. So that we can soar. And go anywhere. And be anything. To be everything. Or at least in everything. Maybe that’s the attraction of religion. Because religion often practices the myth/reality of everlasting life. I suspect that even people that commit suicide want everlasting life. But not in their physical beings. They want something better. More god-like. Especially when they are ill or in mental, physical or emotional pain. One begins to wonder if god is above all this. Maybe that’s why god is god. God has achieved perfection. Total, ever-lasting bliss. I suspect that I could settle for a little less than that. Which means I could accept being less than god. An underling, so to speak. Even servant in god’s house. As long as I could find genuine happiness. Love, I suppose. I could even settle for such a life in my physical being. As long as I wasn’t in severe pain. But if the pain or anguish were severe, maybe I would want out. Not necessarily death of consciousness. But relief from my physical pain/sorrow. I want the options god would have if encased in my physical being. I don’t wanna suffer for a prolonged period of time. Actually, I wanna live outside of time. I’m assuming that’s where god lives. –Jim Broede

No comments: