Monday, May 23, 2011

Why was I born?

I like to think about life. Daily. If I don’t, I maybe forget that I’m alive. I end up going through motions. Similar to a robot. Which means I’m not fully conscious of what I’m doing. I observe people around me. And I doubt that many of ‘em are conscious. They really aren’t thinking, They have blank looks. Like zombies. But then, maybe that’s their true role in life. They were born to be zombies. The living dead. Anyway, that’s why I sit down and write. Daily. I don’t wanna be a zombie. I’ve determined that I wanna be a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. Ain’t always the easiest thing in the world to accomplish my goals. I have to work at it. By focusing. By actually thinking. By becoming alive. Oh, yes, that’s another thing I wanna be. Very much alive. To do that, I have to stimulate the thought process. Just to prove that I’m alive. Anyway, this ‘thinking’ makes life interesting. Sure beats not thinking. I was born to think. I’m sure of it. Maybe that’s the question I ask most often. Why was I born? –Jim Broede

No comments: