Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Complaining can be a waste of time.

I have a tendency to complain. About this and that. Even though I know it won’t do any good. But more and more, I catch myself. And decide not to complain. Because it’s a waste of time. I have better things to do. By just enjoying life. Rather than complaining. I suppose that if I think complaining will do some good, I’d complain. But from experience, I know that complaints are often ignored. Because the people who deal with complaints are often sick and tired of hearing complaints. They get turned off. I wonder what possesses people to apply for jobs in a complaint department. Imagine that. Listening to complaints every day. Making a living. Dealing with complaints. I suppose it could be rewarding. If one actually dealt with the complaints. And found solutions. Maybe that’s what I should do. Listen to people’s complaints. And do something constructive and positive about it. Now that would be a novel thing. Managing a complaint department that actually worked. That dealt effectively with complaints. –Jim Broede

No comments: