Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No wishful thinking for me.

I’m not a wishful person. Maybe because I think wishes may end up causing more trouble than they are worth. For instance, some people wish they had more money. But plenty of people who have won lotteries found themselves jinxed. Because they didn’t know how to deal with having so much money. It actually ruined their lives. They were better off before they had a fortune. Maybe it’s best to merely adjust to one’s life. The way it unfolds. Naturally. Instead of wishing for something else. Oh, I have little wishes. Like having the Cubs win more games. But really, that’s a silly wish. I may wish for a sunny day. But really, it doesn’t make a difference if we get rain. I can adapt. It’s no big deal. I suppose I could wish to live forever. In good health. But I know better. Such a wish won’t be granted. So I gotta take life as it comes. And make the best of the hand I’m dealt. No wishful thinking for me. –Jim Broede

No comments: