Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getting pissed is good for the soul.

I try to be a positive thinker. But sometimes, it seems to me, it’s good to be pissed off. For instance, I’d rather have the players on the Chicago Cubs be pissed off rather than indifferent. About their eight-game losing streak. Seems to me that the team is playing in a lethargic manner. Going through the motions. The manager says the players are putting forth effort. Proper effort. But I don’t buy that for a moment. It’s time to become pissed off. To really care. I suppose if I were playing baseball and making millions of dollars doing it, that might be adequate compensation. And I could conclude that winning isn’t everything. As long as I get paid. But if I were running the show, I’d put into each player’s contract that it’s required that he becomes pissed off if the team plays lousy baseball. It’s good for the soul. –Jim Broede

No comments: