Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I wanted them to face the truth.

One thing that I fine amazing. So very many people don’t think for themselves. They follow the pack. That’s why there’s such a thing as a lynch mob mentality. I experienced it when I started this blog. A band of women from the Alzheimer’s message boards came over here. And followed the blog. Because they didn’t particularly like me. For taking issue with the way they dealt with their care-giving responsibilities. I suggested they could do better. Lots better. That in some instances, they were doing more harm than good to their patients. Because they allowed themselves to become exhausted. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. They didn’t like the criticism. They even wanted to get me banned from the Alzheimer’s message boards. That was one reason why I started my blog. So I’d have more freedom to say what I wanted to say. And to advocate good vibes therapy. Anyway, many of ‘em probably knew deep down that I was right all along. But a few of ‘em tried to make the case that I was a mean-spirited troll. Picking on vulnerable care-givers. That I had no empathy for them. Oh, I had empathy. More for their patients. But many of these care-givers followed their leaders. The pied pipers. In slamming me. When really, each of ‘em really should have thought for themselves. In order to see the light. I suspect that many of ‘em now see my point. And their brains are functioning again. Some of ‘em may no longer be robots. Or members of a lynch mob. Maybe they even know that I always had empathy for them. I just wanted them to face the truth. –Jim Broede

No comments: