Thursday, June 9, 2011

My soul ain't for sale.

The most recent of the ex-governors of my state, Minnesota, is Tim Pawlenty. And he’s running for the Republican nomination for president. And he’s advocating greater tax and spending cuts than his rivals. That’s the story of Republicans. They stumble over each other. To see who can lead America to ruin the fastest. Very amusing, indeed. Of course, I suspect that the only way to save America is to tax more and spend more. To create jobs. And to sponsor social programs that help the poor and the downtrodden. But people who are well-off financially -- especially Republicans -- don’t wanna do that. They want to keep their money. And become even richer. They like the security. The feeling that they have theirs, and to hell with the rest of the world. They don’t want the spreading of the wealth. Anyway, I’m happy that Pawlenty is no longer the governor. Good riddance. And I’m happy to see that so far Pawlenty has attracted the support of only 5 percent of the Republicans in his quest for presidential nomination. But give him time. Like the rest of the Republican aspirants, he’s willing to sell his soul. But personally, I wouldn’t give two cents for a Republican soul. I’m happy with my own soul. It ain't for sale. –Jim Broede

No comments: