Thursday, June 9, 2011

I prefer heaven to hell.

China. India. Two of the fastest growing economies in the world. But if I had to choose one over the other, I’d take China. In a blink of an eye. Because I like the way China is designing an economy. Sensibly. From the top down. By building an elaborate infrastructure. Able to handle the growth. Good roads. Good schools. Good housing. Good public services. In India, the growth is from the bottom, up. A hodge-podge. Inadequate infrastructure. Few public services. People dump their garbage on empty lots. Very little regulation. Sloppy. Crappy. Yes, I’ll take China. When I travel abroad, I’ll go to China. Willingly. With a great deal of admiration. High expectations. If I never get to India, that will be just fine. I prefer heaven to hell. –Jim Broede

No comments: