Tuesday, June 14, 2011

If necessary, I'll invent the truth.

It’s very difficult finding fair and balanced news. Almost an impossibility. Everything seems to be slanted these days. When it comes to news coverage. Objectivity has gone out the window. Or maybe it’s just that objectivity is a myth. There never was such a thing. Oh, news outlets will proclaim that they are fair and balanced. But even they know it’s a lie. Which means, they probably have some inkling of the truth. But they aren’t about to report it. Because maybe the truth would hurt. Maybe it’s that as a people we can’t stand the truth. Too shameful. Makes us feel bad. So we accept the untruth. Just to get by. To survive until another day. But I’m not afraid. I have a natural sense of adventure. I’m gonna look for the truth. Even if there’s no such thing. If necessary, I’ll invent the truth. –Jim Broede

No comments: