Monday, June 20, 2011

In delightful ways.

My true love is in Brazil. For two weeks. On a special teaching assignment. That’s one of the nice things about life. The opportunities. To go places. To travel. It was an unexpected opportunity. Turns out that the Italians have established Italian schools. All over the world. And Italian teachers can apply through their foreign office to go to these schools. During exam periods. To give exams. All-expense-paid trips. My true love applied for a school in Belo Horizonte (beautiful horizon), Brazil’s third largest city. Because the name sounded so exotic. And because she always wanted to see Brazil. I like her choices. Especially when she picked me. Or was it that I picked her? Anyway, we’re both opportunistic. In delightful ways. –Jim Broede

No comments: