Sunday, June 12, 2011

A pleasure. A blessing.

I thought about time yesterday. Maybe because it would have been my 42nd wedding anniversary. If Jeanne had lived. Instead of dying 4 years ago. My gosh, I thought, has it been 42 years? Sure enough. And it also was 13 years ago yesterday that I retired. Early. At age 62. To have more time to take care of Jeanne. Because she had Alzheimer’s. And I thought once that 62 was old. Now I’m 75. And 62 seems young. Oh, so much of life is relative. Life takes some mighty interesting twists and turns. If one lets things happen. Yes, going with the flow. I’m doing what Jeanne would have me do. Living to the fullest. One day at a time. In love. With life. Dividing my time between Minnesota. And Sardinia. Really, life is a storybook existence. A pleasure. A blessing. –Jim Broede

No comments: