Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Seems like a reasonable request.

I was born to write. Not to be a particularly good writer. But to write the way I want to write. Naturally. Following my own instincts and inclinations. And basically, that’s the way I live, too. Naturally. The way I want to live. Rather than by somebody else’s rules and dictates. I was born to be free. And to be free takes some learning. Some understanding. And courage, too. One must just go ahead. And do it. Practice. Practice. Practice. I’m always practicing writing. And living. Making tons of mistakes. But that’s all right. I turn my mistakes into learning experiences. Maybe I’ve had a million of ‘em. That’s the way I feel my way through life. Making one mistake after another. The nice thing is that so far I’ve survived. Making mistakes. Day in and day out. That’s an astounding achievement. And I’m still learning how to write. And to live. I want to know it all. So I’ve asked god to give me forever. Seems like a reasonable request, doesn't it? –Jim Broede

No comments: