Sunday, July 17, 2011

Compared to god, I'm normal.

I tell my true love that I am a man of moderation. Half-kiddingly. Because I really like to go off the deep end. To test the limits. But don’t get me wrong. I also can be moderate. Nicely balanced. I can be insane. Crazy. But in nice ways. Which makes me seem sane. And kind. And understanding. I think that’s the nature of a romantic idealist and a spiritual free thinker and a liberal and a lover. Seems to me that makes me balanced. But to people who ain’t all of these things, I can seem like I’ve gone off the deep end of life. When I really haven’t. Instead, I’ve gone to where god wants me to go. Into crazy, crazy land. Which could be another name for Paradise. I’m allowed to be crazy. Because god himself is crazy. There’s nobody more crazy than god. Which means that craziness is relative. Compared to god, I’m downright normal. A very sane being. –Jim Broede

No comments: