Friday, July 15, 2011

I am to gorge myself on the fruit.

I keep exploring the concept of love. Because love fascinates me. It’s the moving force of life. At least, my life. Maybe not everyone’s life. When I was younger, I thought of love as hogwash. Some abstract thing. Without any real meaning. But now it’s meaningful. Very meaningful. I was born to love. To feel love. To give love. To receive love. And mostly in a spiritual way. More so than physical. I feel like I’m evolving. More and more into the spiritual realm. Maybe because I’m getting old. Relatively speaking. And it takes a while to reach maturity. To reach one’s inner depth. I’m beginning to think that I am far more than human. Physically human, that is. I’m becoming more spiritual and less physical. Reaching a new plateau. Maybe it’s that one’s physical being wears out. Or maybe it’s that one's spiritual being takes hold. And predominates. I have this yen to become more like god. Closer to god. And to do that, I need to learn how to be a spiritual being. I need to learn a spiritual language. If I don’t know the language of god, how can I possibly understand and communicate with god? I think god is telling me to eat from the tree of knowledge. Fully. To gorge myself on the fruit. To enter Paradise. Eden, so to speak. Nirvana. Heaven. Valhalla. –Jim Broede

No comments: