Sunday, July 31, 2011

I find comfort inside my cocoon.

I’m uncomfortable when people invade my cocoon. Because it’s my private domain. My escape from the rest of the world. But I could hardly turn away my son Jack and his girlfriend. So I gave ‘em a little corner of my cocoon. And I tried to erect a cocoon within my cocoon. Which is difficult. Sometimes, I felt there was no escape. I suppose that says something about me. I tend to be very selective about whom I allow in. My Italian true love is always welcome. Maybe she’s the only one that makes me feel absolutely comfortable. Meanwhile, don’t get me wrong. I venture out into the real world virtually every day. But I also retreat to the cocoon. For a sense of security. And relaxation. Knowing that it’s possible to create my own world. A protective shelter. My own desert island in the vast universe. Where I can ponder. Undisturbed. And write pieces such as this. And find real meaning and comfort. –Jim Broede

No comments: