Sunday, July 31, 2011

Playing life the way I want to play.

Winning doesn’t have to be the everything in life. That’s one thing my Chicago Cubs have taught me. In other words, the game of life is to be enjoyed. Even when losing. What’s the big deal about winning a game anyway? Shouldn’t be. Life is good even when one loses. Just playing the game. That’s good enough. Seems to me, though, that we live in a society that puts emphasis on winning. To me, society’s concept of winning is tantamount to losing. Because in the process, one often sells his soul. And misses the real meaning of life. To savor it all. One day at a time. To feel fulfilled. Even in defeat. For just being alive. And conscious. And aware of the wonders. The actual feeling of love. Of life. And of another being. Makes me feel as if I am in Paradise. Even if the Cubs lose today and every day. No big deal. It’s more important that I’m here to watch the game. If I so choose. And not only that, I’m free to play the game of life. The way I want to play it. –Jim Broede

No comments: