Saturday, July 16, 2011

I have a magical life.

No doubt about it, life has its bad moments. Sad moments. Such as the death of a loved one. And ultimately one’s own death. But still, that should stop nobody from living this very moment. And making the most of it. Guess that’s how I see life. I’m here now. Always have been. Since the day I was born. The main difference is that I’ve become more conscious of my existence. More aware that I’m alive. And more capable of savoring today. Here I am. Sitting down. Writing a few random thoughts. And you know what? It’s not wasted time? Because I’m thinking. Far better than keeping my mind blank. Or grieving about everything that has gone wrong over the past 75 years. Instead, I’m focused on now. Because that’s all there is. Now. And I don’t want to waste now. Funny thing. I’ve been trying to keep track of many, many of my ‘nows.’ Right here in this blog. And when I review these many, many past nows, they suddenly become now nows. Like magic. Guess it means that I have a magical life. –Jim Broede

No comments: