Monday, July 18, 2011

I'll gladly live with my woes.

I’m not gonna solve other people’s problems. That’s beyond my control. Means I mustn’t feel guilty if my brother or sister or son or daughter have what seem like unsolvable problems. I just have to let ‘em be. And watch. To see if they can find a way to deal with life. Their life. The thing is, if I try to solve everybody’s problems, I most likely won’t have time to solve my own problems. And if I can’t solve my own problems, how can I be expected to solve the world’s problems? I’ve learned that sometimes problem-solving is merely a patchwork thing. A way to get by. Without a total solution. I’ve observed that some people solve their problems in a very radical way. By committing suicide. But that’s not for me. I’d rather be an alive and conscious being. Even if I have to live with unsolvable woes. –Jim Broede

No comments: