Monday, July 18, 2011

Leave me be my imperfect self.

I don’t mind having been born into an imperfect world. Because maybe that’s even better than a perfect world. If the world were perfect, everything would go along smoothly. No ripples on the water. Seems to me that we humans weren’t designed for perfection. A sign that god really knew what he was doing. God wanted us to make mistakes. Because that’s the way we learn. Even god makes mistakes. This idea that god is perfect and all-knowing – well, that’s bull shit. God doesn’t always know what he’s doing. He’s just feeling his way. Just like the rest of us. Anyway, I don’t want a perfect god. Give me a mistake-prone god any day. He’s easier to accept. Seems to me that a so-called perfect god would be an arrogant bastard. Unforgiving. Because he’d want everybody else to be perfect. Just like him. I know people of that ilk. Perfectionists. They are always trying to change me. Rather than leave me be my imperfect self. –Jim Broede

No comments: