Monday, July 18, 2011

I complain. But accept reality.

The American electorate is mostly stupid. Of course, that’s only my opinion. I could be wrong. I could be the stupid one. I defend my position by pointing out that the electorate often elects Republicans. And stupid Democrats, too. Maybe it’s that we have virtually no choice. With our two-party system. Seldom, if ever, does a third party get a foothold. Maybe we Americans are all stupid. For tolerating such a system. Our choices are so very limited. Usually, in the realm of politics, we choose between an idiot, an imbecile and a moron. Never a genius. If I were designing a political system from scratch, I’d require an intelligence test. To even qualify for the ballot. No idiots, imbeciles and morons allowed. Under any circumstances. I suppose that still wouldn’t be a foolproof system. Because the electorate would still consist mostly of idiots, imbeciles and morons. And they’d find a way to botch it. Anyway, life is strange. I’m even often called a positive thinker. Because I try to make the most of life. By more or less ignoring the things I can’t change. And just getting on with life. In a reasonably happy manner. That’s what I’m doing now. Complaining about our political system. While accepting it. –Jim Broede

No comments: