Friday, July 22, 2011

Is it foolhardy or bravery?

I know people who invite unnecessary trouble. Take risks. Even violate the law. Try to get away with things. Because they have strong beliefs that it’s all right. And I often tend to be judgmental. Tell them it ain’t worth the risk. But then I stop to reflect. That life is full of risks. Especially if one is principled. And stands up for one’s beliefs. Wanting to serve the common good. That’s how protest movements get started. Even revolutions. One defies the authorities. Even the law of a corrupt regime. Even here in America. My country ain’t perfect. And if I want to be free, I’ve gotta occasionally stand up. And shout. That I’m not gonna take it any more. That can pose difficulty. Even great personal risk. Some may see that as foolhardy. Others call it bravery –Jim Broede.

No comments: