Sunday, July 24, 2011

The naked truth.

I generally like to let people know where I’m coming from. In other words, what’s on my fertile mind. About things. About me. About them. Thoughts. No secrets. I even open up to strangers. Such as here, in my blog. Some of my friends and acquaintances think that maybe I talk and write too much. That I should have more secrets. Well, maybe I do. Because I don’t know everything about myself. I make new discoveries. Almost every day. Because I let my mind flow. And I dig deep. Because it’s so much fun. Learning more about myself. And other people. I quiz strangers. A whole lot. But to convince many of ‘em to talk, I have to talk, too. Volunteer information. I have to reciprocate. Set an example. Show that it’s all right to open up. To let me in on secrets. That’s one of the nice features of life. Learning the secrets. That’s why I became a writer for newspapers. So I could spend much of my life uncovering secrets. The stuff going on behind the scenes. The truth. Maybe that’s one of the things I like most about life. The naked truth. –Jim Broede

No comments: