Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All I want is fair treatment.

I have lost respect for the baseball god. Because he lets bad things happen. To my dear Chicago Cubs. He seems to be so uncaring. Chances are, he’s a baseball fan. But not a Cubs fan. So he shows preference for the likes of the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees and the Philadelphia Phillies. But he treats the Cubs like scum. Never gives ‘em a break. The baseball god has made a doormat of the Cubs. On which he wipes his dirty feet. I feel like taking him to task. Making an appeal to his superior. A supreme god. I’d like to see the baseball god dethroned. Replaced. By a more kind and compassionate baseball god. One that tends to be more fair to all of the teams. But especially to the Cubs. We Cubs fans have taken enough crap from the baseball god. His work performance should be evaluated. And graded. I’d give him an ‘F.’ Yes, he’s been a failure. At least from my perspective. Yes, I may be a bit biased. But overall, I think I’m fair-minded. I fight to overturn injustice. Even if it’s perpetrated by a god. This baseball god is not only unfair, he’s completely inept. I don’t want any part of him. I’d put him out to pasture. Into permanent retirement. But believe me, I’m not vengeful. I’d let him diddle-daddle on a beach in the middle of nowhere so he can’t do any harm. Far away from baseball. Listen, if I were less compassionate, I’d recommend that he be sent to hell. All I want is for the Chicago Cubs to be treated fairly. –Jim Broede

No comments: