Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy with life. In love.

I suspect that most people really don’t care about what’s happening in the world. Many of ‘em may not pay attention. To the news. Instead, they just get on with living their lives. In their little communities. Or neighborhoods. Knowing that they can’t do anything to change the course of human events. They’d rather not even be bothered by what’s going on. Because it really doesn’t affect them. As for me, I plug into what’s happening. By reading news reports. And going on to the Internet. More out of curiosity than anything. Meanwhile, I go about my daily routine. Such as riding my bicycle. Mostly on a circular route. Close to my home. I’ve biked 4,470 miles since April 1. Averaging better than 1,000 miles a month. And I keep daily contact with my true love. In Sardinia. Where I’ll be this fall and winter. Makes for a good life. Because I don’t let happenings in the world get me down. Or depressed. Instead, I try to forget all of the crap. And find reason to be happy with life. In love. –Jim Broede

No comments: