Monday, August 22, 2011

I can live only now.

I like my Italian true love anyway I can get her. In other words, I appreciate her close up. In the flesh. And also from a distance. When we are 5,000 miles apart. Because we still connect daily. On Skype. By audio and video. We rarely miss a day with each other. Most days, we’re connected for several hours. At several different times. And when we are separated by distance, I never miss writing a nightly love letter. Ready for the reading in the morning. There’s a 7-hour time difference between Minnesota and Sardinia. I’ve been pursuing this romantic approach to life for almost four years. About 9 months after my dear Jeanne died of Alzheimer’s-related stuff. Makes me think that life follows a natural flow. One just needs to jump in and go with it. Don’t resist. And I keep taking it all one day at a time. Making the most of now. No sense in trying to live in the past or the future. We’re always in the now. In the moment. I can savor moments out of the past. And I can dream of the future. But I can live only now. –Jim Broede

No comments: