Sunday, August 14, 2011

The perpetual motion mouth.

I rub some people the wrong way. I don’t always mean to. Maybe it’s just my personality. Speaking my mind. And not always being tactful. Maybe it’s that I often come across as arrogant. Anyway, I don’t lose any sleep if I’ve offended someone. And maybe I should rightfully apologize. But I may just be too busy. Offending someone else. Therefore, I never get around to saying I’m sorry. But then, I may not be truly sorry. Another sign of arrogance. Thing is, I’m not easily offended, personally. Could be that I mistakenly assume that other people are like me in that regard. Built with thick skins. And I have a biting sense of humor. Maybe that’s why I don’t get offended easily. I’m able to laugh off insults. That tends to offend people. They don’t want me to laugh. Especially when they are hurling insults. I’d offend fewer people if I kept my mouth shut. But forget it. That’s impossible. My mouth was designed to be in perpetual motion. –Jim Broede

No comments: