Saturday, August 6, 2011

I like to keep people guessing.

Many opinions I express in my blog I can’t get away with saying in another forum. Because it won’t be tolerated. That’s why I have a blog. So that I can feel more free. To say what I want to say. Makes me more honest. Yes, it’d be nice to be able to speak honestly all of the time. But I don’t pretend to do that. Sometimes, dishonesty is a good thing. For instance, I might tell a sick person that he looks good. Just to make him feel a little bit better. To boost his morale. But on other occasions, I may want to intentionally deflate an inflated ego. And I’ll resort to sarcasm. Such as, ‘You’re pretty smart. Not nearly as dumb as you look.’ I often say things just for the sake of being funny. To try to make a conversation less serious, less tedious. I love to contradict myself, too. And portray myself as a villain. Just for kicks. I like to keep people guessing. About whether I’m being serious or just plain funny. –Jim Broede

No comments: