Monday, August 29, 2011

A cool cat. Not just in name.

I'm shy. Yet very bold. That makes me a brave man. Because I overcome my shyness. With daring. I'm able to approach strangers. And cultivate relationships. Despite being shy. Maybe that makes me more bold than shy. Not sure about that. Maybe it's that I'm curious. And that's a trait that doesn't allow me to be shy in practice. I am compelled to satisfy my curiosity. Some people can be so shy that they don't pursue their curious side. That's sad. I like cats. Because they're curious. The saying goes that curiosity killed the cat. But that's an old wives' tale. Ain't true. Curiosity brought the cat to life. I know. Because I'm a cool, shy cat. My cat, Loverboy. He's cool, too. And I doubt that he's shy. He's one of my best teachers. Sets a fine example for me. He seems to be in love with life. In a very cool manner. He's always cheering me up. Talks to me all the time. Follows me around. He tells me he wants to be more than a cool cat. A real cool being, too. A true loverboy. In practice. Not just in name. --Jim Broede

No comments: