Saturday, August 13, 2011

The inmates are seizing control.

In many ways, I live in a make-believe world. Because I allow myself to imagine all sorts of things. I am able to create stories. By interpreting events. The way I wanna interpret events. We all do it. Generally, my interpretations are as good as anyone’s. I have an idea of what’s happening in the nation’s capitol. In Washington. Because I watch clips. On TV. Or listen to the radio. They’re entertaining. Clowns. In action. Idiots. And crazy people. I’m seeing inmates of an insane asylum. Used to be that I could hardly believe what I’m seeing. Witnessing. Take Michele Bachmann, for instance. She’s actually running for president. And some of the inmates think she has a chance. Even Bachmann thinks she does. That’s similar to me thinking that I’m the reincarnation of Napoleon. Or Genghis Khan. Or Alexander the Great. Look at the other aspirants. Tim Pawlenty. Mitt Romney. Newt Gingrich. Rick Perry. Have you ever seen a more motley crew? They’re all crackpots. Thinking they have a chance to make it to the White House. And the scary thing is that maybe they do. We have reached that stage in America. Yes, the inmates are seizing control of the asylum. –Jim Broede

No comments: