Thursday, August 11, 2011

Let the protests begin.

I’m wondering if riots – like the ones in Britain -- will come to America some day soon. If riots happen, it won’t particularly upset me. Because then I know that Americans are becoming upset. And that’s what they need be. Damn upset. Royally pissed, one might say. We Americans are far too docile. We spend far too much time sitting on our hands. Rather than taking to the streets. And protesting. For one thing, the poor and middle class should be protesting the ever-widening gap between the rich and the poor. I’d certainly join in that demonstration. Even if it turned into a full-scale riot. Let ‘em bring out the water canons to quell us and cool us down. Especially on a hot summer day. I’d be willing to travel all over. Almost any place. To protest the acts of our politicians. Especially when they want to savage Social Security and Medicare. Anyway, let the protests begin. I’ll be there. Ready to rush past the barricades. Shouting slogans, and more. –Jim Broede

No comments: