Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mother Earth, my home.

I'm a resident and citizen of Mother Earth. That's how I think of myself. Rather than as an American. I don't want to be identified in narrow terms. Maybe I even want to go beyond Earth. And consider myself a resident and citizen of the cosmos. Of all of creation. Maybe it's that I dislike the negativity that accompanies nationalism. Because that divides us. Often makes us rivals. And we discriminate against each other. We even wage nationalistic wars. I could be persuaded to support world government. At least in concept. Maybe that's what we need. A united approach. In order to serve the common good. To eliminate the evils of this world. Such as poverty. The wide gap between the rich and the poor. Oh, I know there always will be a gap. But let's narrow it. Move closer to making life more tolerable for the masses of people that inhabit Mother Earth. Seems to me that we have to learn how to take care of each other. To be a more loving universal society. Yes, in that regard I am a Pollyanna. But that's what I wanna be. I want to aim for the ideal society. Even though we'll never achieve it. --Jim Broede

No comments: