Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My nightmare.

I’ve said it before. And I’ll say it again. There’s one place on Earth where I don’t wanna be. Yes, in hell. In Texas. It’s one and the same. I’ve passed through hell several times in my life. And I shudder at the thought. I couldn’t get out of the place fast enough. I concede there may be some nice people in hell. But overall, it’s a gawd-forsaken place. A terrible climate. Weather-wise. But politically, economically and socially, too. Every which way. The governor, Rick Perry, has on several occasions, advocated that Texas secede from the union. Because he hates the U.S. government. He’s for making Texas a completely independent country of hell. And that would be just fine with me. But I don’t think he’s serious. He's got bigger plans. Because Perry has tossed his hat in the ring. He’s running for the Republican nomination for president of the USA. That’s a horrific thought. That is, if I thought he could win. And I do. Because it looks to me like the USA has been drifting toward hell for a long time. Imagine goof-ball Texans running the show. Something worse than the devil himself. George Bush was president for 8 years. So we got our taste of what it’s like. Yes, a foul taste of hell. But Perry would bring old-fashioned racism to hell. I’m not kidding. He says that Barack Obama has brought a ‘black cloud’ over the USA. And Perry means it. Literally. He wants a pure white cloud. Maybe I’m wrong. But I sense he hates the color black. Especially if it’s a black skin. And he’s a very, very fundamentalist Christian. Again, that makes me shudder. Many of ‘em would kill in the name of god. They've gone over the edge. Yes, Rick Perry is a nightmare. My nightmare. Look out, folks. He easily could become all of our nightmares. –Jim Broede

No comments: