Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fearless, too.

The headline in my newspaper had two big words this morning. ‘Running Scared.’ And beneath that the subhead declared, ‘D.C. is in Gridlock, Europe in Turmoil, Wall St. in a Panic.’ Guess the message was that I’m supposed to be living in fear. But I refuse. I’m living happily. And in love. And dividing my time between Minnesota and Sardinia. I’m leaving for Sardinia around Oct. 1. And I won’t be back until near the end of winter. And then I’m gonna spend the month of March in Arizona. Taking spring training with the Chicago Cubs. I’m not gonna allow politics and the economy get me down. I’m gonna live life the way it’s supposed to be lived. Lovingly. And really, that’s the way we all should do it. We have choices. We can either change our politicians. Or ignore ‘em. And when it comes to politics, I’m aloof. Detached. But when it comes to my true love. I’m passionate. Involved. Fearless, too. –Jim Broede

No comments: