Saturday, September 3, 2011

All I need to make a good life.

I'm up and at 'em today. Haven't decided exactly what to do. No set plan. I don't even bother thinking two minutes ahead. I like taking life that way. I know what I'm doing. Seated at my computer. Writing. And noticing that my favorite cat, Loverboy, is with me. Perched in the letter basket. Atop my printer. He's looking out the south window. His eyes half shut. A sign that he might doze off. It's a still, calm day. No breeze whatsoever. The sun breaking through a hazy sky. Nice temperature. Comfortable. My desk is a clutter. I'm gonna clean if off. Soon. I don't want clutter today. There's a cobweb, too, on the window screen. I'll take care of it. A thought just came to mind. A memory. From yesterday. When two young deer wandered into the yard. They browsed. Stayed for 15 or 20 minutes. And that made my day. Makes my present moment, too. Just thinking about it. Shows that I'm capable of reliving a precious moment. A wonderful experience. Little things. That's all I need to make a good life. --Jim Broede

No comments: