Saturday, September 3, 2011

No reason for Nicola to be unnerved.

It's time to celebrate. Ruaridh MacAlister has found true love. And if there's a wedding soon, I want to be invited. I'll travel all the way to Edinburgh, if necessary. That's where I met Ruaridh two years ago. And this is what I wrote in my blog about Ruaridh on May 5, 2009:

I'm a lover. And so is Ruaridh MacAlister, a Scotsman. But we're different kinds of lovers. I can love only one woman at a time. Ruaridh plays the field. Picture Ruaridh walking down the street. A woman on each arm. And maybe a woman traipsing behind. Ruaridh draws women from all around. Every woman is a conquest. He's a Don Juan, so to speak. He doesn't hesitate to tell a woman, "You're beautiful." And he reels them in. Right and left. And he makes love. Physical love. It's genuine. But very physical. And there's something to be said for that. But I like a love that runs far, far more deeper. Into the spirit. Into the soul. Focused on one. Not on the many. And love-making takes a long, long time. Getting to know someone. One. Ever so gradually. I understand where Ruaridh is coming from. That's his way. Right for him. Makes him feel like a true lover. But I couldn't handle Ruaridh's way. I need my own way. I'm a one-woman man. Always have been. Always will be. Ruaridh can make a conquest in a few days. Maybe overnight. I can't. I won't. Once thought all I would have was one love in a lifetime. That would be sufficient. But now, maybe it's two. Yes, two in a lifetime. Because I never want to give up on love. I never want to retire from love. I want to love forever. Or for as long as I'm alive and able. But only one love at a time.

Yesterday, I received this wonderful word from Ruaridh:

Hi Jim,

Ruaridh here. You will be pleased to hear that I have found the woman of my dreams and I am extremely happy. It's now one year in and I'm engaged and genuinley over the moon. We are both very happy. Nicola my partner is slightly un-nerved by your blogg that keeps appearing on google when my name is searched, thought you might want to put a good word in for me.

Kindest regards,
Ruaridh

Yes, folks, Rudy (his nickname) has seen the light. Has found true love. He's become a true lover. I have no doubt about it. No reason for Nicola to be unnerved. She's found the best. And so has he. --Jim Broede

No comments: