Thursday, September 29, 2011

Do spirits speak the same tongue?

The more I live, the more I like life. I've really never disliked life. But it took a while for me to genuinely fall in love with life. Now I want my life to go on forever. I know everybody dies. But maybe I can survive. As spirit. That has advantages over a physical existence. Or so I presume. I'm imagining that a spirit can go virtually anywhere. Even to remote outposts of the cosmos. Being locked in a physical body has limits. A spirit can soar. Into other dimensions. I'm imagining that god is a spirit. For good reason. Because god wants to go anywhere and everywhere. To be in all places. Maybe if one is a spirit one can actually meet god. Not face to face, I suppose. Because spirits don't have faces. That would make them physical. Therefore, I wonder how spirits recognize each other. Maybe it's a sensory thing. I wonder if I'd recognize god in a spirit world. Of course, if I don't ever turn into a spirit, I'll be mighty disappointed. I know that my warranty as the physical me is likely to run out sooner than later. I'm surprised that it's lasted this long. Actually, I'd have no qualms about living another 100 years in my physical state. As long as I could maintain good health. Especially if I start living longer in Sardinia. It's a wonderful idyllic place. But then, maybe I look at Sardinia in a positive way because it's the home of my true love. And because it isn't the USA. I've grown tired of the U.S. And I need the freshness of Sardinia. It'd sure be nice if all Sardinians spoke English. Because it's gonna take me a long time to master Italian. That's another advantage of being a spirit. Because all spirits speak the same language, don't they? --Jim Broede

No comments: