Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I don't hesitate saying it.

I don't believe everything I read in the Bible. But I certainly do believe that money is linked to evil (Timothy 6:10). Much of immorality and wickedness is linked to people having and wanting money. And that's why American-style capitalism is inherently evil. And why I think of Republicans as inherently evil. They want to create conditions that make rich people richer. At the expense of the less rich. The poor. And the middle classes. Of course, money can be put to good use. To benefit the common good. But in the hands of Republican politicians, it's generally put to what I consider immoral use. The aim of Republicans is to widen the monetary gap between the rich and the poor. To make money the most powerful instrument in the world. And that's bound to breed evil. Wrong-doing. I want a society in which money is downplayed. Or put to good use. Again, let me remind you that I am not a Christian. For many reasons. But partly because I think Christianity has been corrupted by money. But if Jesus were still alive, I'd have no problem letting him define how it's best for us to use money. But that's the last thing that many professed modern day Christians want. Especially Republicans. They really aren't true blue Christians, in the sense that Jesus would define Christianity. Instead, they are hateful money-grubbers. Yes, evil. At least from my perspective. And I could be wrong. In some ways, I'm the evil one. For being judgmental. But what the hell. That's what I believe. And I don't hesitate saying it. --Jim Broede

No comments: