Sunday, September 18, 2011

I live my absurd romantic dreams.

I like to have an absurd romantic dream or two. Daily. Just for the heck of it. Because, in the process, I often push the limits. And discover that many of my absurd dreams really aren't so absurd after all. Things that appear absurd initially prove to make sense. For instance, falling in love seemed absurd to me for many, many years. Positively ridiculous. But then I fell in love. And it was no longer absurd. Resulting in a happy marriage. For 38 years. Until Jeanne died. And then I thought I'd never fall in love again. That I was far too old for that romantic dream stuff. But lo and behold, I fell in love again. With a beautiful and intelligent Italian damsel. Even though she lives 5,000 miles away in Sardinia. But we didn't let that hinder us. I am now living half of the year in Sardinia. With my true love. That once seemed unlikely. Yes, even absurd. But I didn't let that stop me. Because I practice dreaming. Every day of my life. Especially absurd romantic dreams. And then going out and actually living 'em. --Jim Broede

No comments: