Monday, September 12, 2011

I like to drive other babblers crazy.

I've been accused by numerous people of having a mouth that's in constant motion. A motor mouth. In a conversation with me, some people claim they can't get in a word. Edge-wise. Or any-wise. I dominate. But believe me, I could go into a monastery. And take a vow of silence. And not talk for an extended time. Maybe a year or two. As long as I was allowed to think. And to write. And to read. One could put duct tape over my mouth. And I could still be happy. Some of my close friends doubt it. But I have confidence in myself. I could accomplish such a mammoth feat. Because I have resolve. I can do what I set my mind to. But I see no immediate need for a vow of silence. My mouth was created. For a purpose. To eat food, of course. But also to talk. Conversation was one of the best inventions of humankind. I love to gab. To babble. Because it helps me drive other babblers crazy. --Jim Broede

No comments: