Sunday, September 4, 2011

Waiting for next year. Like always.

I'm swearing off the Chicago Cubs again. I do it periodically. When they are going through a horrendous stretch of inept baseball. I so much want the Cubs to win. And play decent baseball. It doesn't have to be championship caliber. Just decent. The one thing I can't stand is indecent baseball. And that's what I've been getting. For a couple weeks now. Seems to be that the Cubs have given up on the season. Maybe they're discouraged. Because the general manager has been fired. And there may be big changes by next season. Many players may not be coming back. I like that thought. A house-cleaning may be necessary. Complete rebuilding. Young players. Rather than veterans. Yes, I'm waiting for next year. Like always. --Jim Broede

No comments: