Thursday, October 20, 2011

A believer in the grandeur of life.

I like to give people advice. Unsolicited advice. I see nothing wrong with that. But many people don't want advice. Especially from me. They wish I'd keep my thoughts and advice to myself. But hey, that's not me. Guess they are giving me advice to not give advice. That's downright stupid. So I tell them that they are telling me, in essence, to be stupid. When really they are being profoundly stupid themselves. Instead, if they were smart/intelligent, they'd listen to me and follow my advice. After all, my advice works for me. And maybe the same advice might work for them. They might as well give it a try. But often, they recommend that I mind my own business. That my way may be the wrong way. For them. Granted, it may be. But give it a try anyway. Put it to the test. If it doesn't work, try something else. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. Fact of the matter, life may be a grand and continuous experiment. Keep experimenting. One might be surprised by the outcomes. I've made plenty of mistakes. The stubborn people don't wanna risk making mistakes. That may be their biggest mistake. Life was meant to be risky. One must learn to take calculated gambles. Especially if one is to become a romantic idealist. Believe in destiny. In love. In miracles. In divine guidance. Follow my advice, I say, and become a believer. A true believer in the grandeur of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: