Saturday, October 15, 2011

Free and clear of politics.

Politics. It's a game played at every level of society. A form of wheeling and dealing. Getting what one wants. And I want to rise above politics. Above the game-playing. And to do that, maybe I have to live in isolation. Sort of. In a solitary way. Away from people. Maybe that's impossible. There's no escape. Because I have to rely on people. Sooner or later. Maybe only a very few. Such as my true love, for instance. So that I don't feel totally alone. It's a sign that I need someone in my life. Other than me. I can't make it alone. Totally. Or can I? I suspect not. What if I were the only human being on Earth? The original Adam. Adam, I assume, relied on his maker to get him through. Took his marching orders from god. And maybe god was merely a creation of Adam's imagination. A god created so that he didn't feel alone. But god wasn't good enough for Adam. Because god was a mere spirit. Not a tangible physical being. So, one way or another, Eve came into being. Maybe anything Adam could imagine became real. The result of magical powers. Imagine that. Being able to create an imagined life. So real that it becomes real. Nothing more. Nothing less. Whatever fulfills one's needs. We humans, we descendants of Adam, have assumed the role of god. But we are humble enough to create a designated god, a separate god, that lives above and beyond us. In a world that we have yet to fully imagine. Beyond our grasp. We have even created an endless universe. A vast cosmos with no beginning and no end. And most fantastic of all, each one of us can break away. And create a life. Our own. Alone, if we so choose. Aloof. Independent. Free and clear of politics. --Jim Broede

No comments: