Friday, October 14, 2011

Learning unconditional love.

I like the idea of cultivating true love. With an Italian. In Sardinia. Especially at my age. Yes, 76. Not the same way I would have done it 50 years ago. I have progressed, thank gawd. Age makes a difference. Makes me a romantic idealist. Because I've gone beyond adulthood. I've reached a more spiritual understanding of the notion of love, and what it's all about. I'm in a different realm, a different sphere. I'm at what I should have been, ideally, at 25. My good fortune. It ain't too late. I'm now fully capable of living love one day at a time. Savoring every moment. Every experience. Nothing fazes me. I let it all happen. Soothingly. Smoothly. Peacefully. Blissfully. Idyllicly. Doesn't matter if there's no tomorrow. Because I am living fully today. I am living as if it's forever. Makes me a true blue romantic. I am capable of writing a love poem. And a love letter. Daily. But I'm also living that poem and letter. Without trepedation. No fear. But I see people around me living scared. Waiting for tomorrow to fall in love. Because they have not yet discovered how to love. Truly love. Romantically. Unconditionally. --Jim Broede

No comments: