Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I have higher priorities.

I'm fantasizing. About catching a plane this weekend. From Sardinia to London. A quick hop. A little over two hours. So that I can see my Chicago Bears play the Tampa Bay Bucs. In a National Football League game. Intended to introduce Brits and Europeans to American-style football. And since I'm living in Sardinia for the next several months, London ain't all that far away. I can hop aboard one of Europe's many economy airlines. With direct flights to all sorts of exotic and romantic cities. Anyway, I'm not going to London. Only dreaming about it. I'd rather spend my time traveling around Sardinia. Going to a beach on the Mediterranean Sea. I can be there in 20 minutes. And I'd rather go to Prague or Budapest or Vienna for dinner than watch a football game. I have higher priorities. --Jim Broede

No comments: