Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'll settle for an idyllic life.

I'm gonna stop reading polls. Because the results are becoming scary. And downright depressing. For instance, A Gallup poll found that for the first time in at least a decade, starting in 2010 more people believed that Republicans would do a better job than Democrats at keeping the country prosperous. And since 2010, more people believed that Republicans would do a better job than Democrats at handling the problems they think are most important to them, reversing Democratic dominance on the question since 2004. Personally, I'm unenamored by both Republicans and Democrats. But I suspect that under Republicans we Americans will end up in hell. But the Democrats may bring us only to purgatory. Where there's still some hope of escape. Maybe I'll adopt a position of not giving a damn any more about the happenings in America. Instead, I'll settle for an idyllic life with my true love -- in Sardinia. --Jim Broede

No comments: