Thursday, October 13, 2011

My ancient pocketchange.

I lost maybe 10 Euros yesterday. Coins from my pants pocket. That's the peril of carrying my pants in my arm. As I frolic down a Mediterranean beach in my pocketless swimming trunks. My true love says I should know better and put my coins snuggly into a coin purse. Safe and secure. She lamented the paltry loss. As a foolish gesture on my part. But I looked at it as payment for a beautiful day. Peaceful. Tranquil. Serene. A way for the sea gods to collect their rightful bounty. Think of it. Fortunes at the bottom of the sea. From shipwrecked galleons. There forever. Or there for the taking by adventuresome fortune hunters. Meanwhile, I feel cheap. My only contribution. Pocket change. Maybe lost for 20,000 years. To be found again. When my ancient pocketchange becomes worth a fortune. --Jim Broede

No comments: