Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm curious about Methuselah.

I wish I could get old without growing old. Maybe by living as long as Methuselah. Of course, he got old eventually. And died. At just under 1,000 years, if the bible is correct. Methuselah, of course, may be no more than a fable. But I'm inclined to believe fairy tales. Because I want to. I want to live forever. But right now, 900 and some years would seem a reasonable compromise. As long as I didn't feel old until maybe about 800. That would give me time to accumulate vast amounts of knowledge. I could become quite intelligent by then. I'm a slow learner. Thing is, if there was a Methuselah, and he really did live for almost 10 centuries, then it's really possible. Why not me? I'd like to know how Methuselah did it. What did he eat? Did he exercise daily? Did he ever get tired of life? Did he have a midlife crisis, maybe on his 500th birthday? Did he ever come close to an accidental death? Did he go in for annual check ups? Oh, so many questions. If I could interview anyone from the past, it might well be Methuselah. I suspect he could give me some helpful survival tips. --Jim Broede

No comments: