Thursday, October 6, 2011

My so-be-it attitude.

When I was at the beach the other day, I spread my beach towel next to a sand dune shaded by a squat pine tree. My true love set up shop a few feet away. In the sun. She encouraged me to do the same. But I balked. For comfort sake. And for health reasons. Thinking that one can get too much sunshine. And never too much shade. At least on this particular day. When we go to bed at night, she prefers a hot drink. Tea. But give me something cold and icy. Maybe even a small milkshake. I like the fact that we have differnt tastes. And that she's a woman. And I'm a man. We have many different likes and dislikes. Over things that really don't matter. No life and death issues. Which makes it all insignificant. I can co-exist with virtually anyone. Even with a Republican. Which she ain't. Fact is, I am tolerant. Doesn't mean that the Republican has to be equaly tolerant. I can accept intolerant and bigoted people. Gives me opportunities to make analytical case studies. And in the process, show off my ability to turn the other cheek. At least for a while. During a testing period. My behavior in this regard may annoy or irritate the Republican. But so be it. --Jim Broede

No comments: