Thursday, October 6, 2011

To become a creator.

I am inundated by biased/slanted news. Nothing totally objective. Means that I can't figure out what's going on in the world. It's purely guesswork. Once upon a time I thought there was such a commodity as objectivity. That was a fairy tale. I was brought up to believe that my country was the greatest and most honest and truthful and morally correct. Second to none. That was bull shit. But I was too stupid/ignorant to know it. I'm a citizen of one of the most corrupt nations in the world. Built on lies. Misrepresentations. And I was even part of the propaganda machine. As a member of the media. A writer for newspapers. I'm trying to make it right. To correct the errors of my way. But I don't personally know right from wrong. I am so confused. So mislead. I don't even know where to go to find objectivity any more. Never did, I suppose. Because objectivity doesn't exist. Maybe even god himself can't find objectivity. Objectivity is elusive. A total myth. Therefore, I have turned into a subjective and biased being. Perhaps because I have no choice. That's all there is. Subjectivity. I see the world from my own jaundiced eyes and mind. I do things my way. Subjective as all hell. My way is right for me. Maybe not right for anyone else. Because we are all different beings. Looking at life from our own slanted perspectives. In that sense, I have created my own world. There is no other way. I am forced to play god. To become a creator. --Jim Broede

No comments: