Thursday, November 24, 2011

By lighting a spark.

Beware. I write about people. Acquaintances. Friends. Relatives. Strangers. Anybody is fair game. Even people I imagine. Concoct. As for real people, I tend to disguise 'em. At least a little bit. But not always. I like to write about people. Especially the ones that touch my life. It's a way to create characters. From real life. Anyway, there's a danger if you know me. You might end up right here in this blog. In one form or another. It's ruined a friendship or two. Nobody is completely safe. From my pen. Not even my sister or brother or mother or father. Virtually everybody I know has caught at least a glimpse of themselves here or in my other writings. They may see themselves. And may not necessarily like it. Of course, some people I know don't have any clearcut identities. They've been looking all their lives. And don't have a clue. So I help, and give 'em identities. I make them characters. That may or may not fit. I like to identify people. They're all fascinating. Even the boring ones. Because they choose to be boring. That takes some doing. A knack to put people to sleep. Except for me. I study boring people. And I try to stimulate 'em. Bring them out of boredom. By lighting a spark. --Jim Broede

No comments: